Update - Addendum 4th February
The day AFTER the conclusion of the Second Reading of the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill, the government published the White Paper - The United Kingdom's Exit from and Partnership with the European Union
. There are 12 key areas - Express - Brexit paper reveals UK plan
● Providing certainty and clarity where we can as we
approach the negotiations.
● Taking control of our own laws and statute book.
● Strengthening the Union by securing a deal that works
for the whole of the UK.
● Maintaining the Common Travel Area and protecting our
strong historic ties with Ireland.
● Controlling immigration from the EU.
● Securing the rights for EU citizens already living in
the UK and the rights of UK nationals living in the EU.
● Protecting and enhancing existing workers’ rights.
● Ensuring free trade with European markets whilst
forging a new strategic partnership with the EU.
● Forging ambitious free trade agreements with other
countries across the world.
● Ensuring the United Kingdom remains the best place for
science and innovation.
● Cooperating in the fight against crime and terrorism.
● And, finally, delivering a smooth, orderly exit from
Addendum 4th February: