Wednesday 18 August 2021

Last Post and Cheerio

This blog commenced over 11 years ago on 14 January 2010 - (A new blog).  The aim was that the blog would throw at least a little light on the laws which govern us and the lawyers who implement those laws. I hope that, at least in some way, that objective has been achieved and that I have spoken for fairness (Pro Aequitate Dicere). As I write, the blog has published 2234 posts and has received 2,877,077 pageviews. I think those are reasonably respectable figures for an individual blog and I am grateful to the many who have shown interest and offered comment.

There is much to be done in the legal world and

therefore much for the young to achieve. Our justice system is in urgent need of care and attention and, in places, rebuilding.  The ways in which we deal as a society with offenders needs radical overhaul - The Guardian 12 August 2021 - Frances Crook - The inescapable truths about our outdated prisons. The UK's constitutional arrangements require considerable attention - please see my post A Codified Constitution? where I argue for reforms to some of our constitutional arrangements to both address a serious democratic deficit and to ensure that government continues to be truly accountable.

The amount of time spent in producing blogposts is considerable. Research has to be done, cases and articles read and the posts prepared.  The blog has been a great interest to me and, at times, a steep learning curve but I have now decided that the time has come to leave the field to others - (links to many other websites and blogs are in the column to the right of the screen). I will be free to spend my time with my family and on other interests, especially my love of walking, visiting historical places, music and watercolour painting. Thanks to one and all and good luck and every best wish for the future.

The blog will remain "on air" so to speak and, who knows, I may make an occasional return to the fray,.

----- OOOOOOO -----

No comments:

Post a Comment